Friday, June 22, 2007

Rain rain all day :-)

It has been raining continuously for the past 4-5 days in Chennai. Cloudy, gloomy weather with slight drizzle with occasional pour-downs in between. Its a bit difficult to commute to work and back. I am not able to go out for the 15 minute walk that I do daily in the mornings. Hmmm... but do I mind? NOOO. Its the kind of weather that makes me feel lazy (like it happens in Bangalore). I want to sleep in a nice, warm, cozy bed with soft blanket all day with doses of hot coffee and crispy pakodas from time to time. To my limited memory, I have not seen this kind of weather in Chennai during mid-June.

On the downside, if there is water-logging all over the city for this rain, I wonder what the situation will be in October-November!? No, lets not jump into blaming the municipality workers, the CWSSB, Chennai Corporation, TN government et al. It is WE the citizens who are to be blamed. As long as we keep throwing plastic waste on the roads, in drainages, in the next empty plot in the street and all other places which fancy us, there cannot be any solution to this problem. This plastic waste blocks the drainage and there is no place for the water to go except the roads. We can keep blogging away to glory about all these. But unless we educate the masses about recycling, nothing is going to change.

1 comment:

Jayashree said...

You keep blogging;
Plastic keeps clogging;
Water keeps logging.....